Frozen Foods 冷藏食品
We offer a range of frozen items to purchase at our Sai Ying Pun and Sai Kung branch, currently unavailable in Quarry Bay.
We encourage customers to bring their own containers, especially for large quantities, as we only provide paper bags and small jars for sale. Additionally, customers may choose to bring their own cool bag to keep things chilled on the way home.
Please feel free to contact us for in-store availability, as we may rotate stock or be low in stock.
Sai Ying Pun: call 94333394 or whatsapp
Sai Kung: call 98427858 or whatsapp
Stocklist (stocks may vary between stores)
- ALPHA chick’n nuggets (vegan)
- BEYOND beef crumbles (vegan) SYP ONLY - discontinue once sold out
- GARDEIN meatless meatballs (vegan)
- OMNIBeef burger (vegan)
- TEMPEHOLA organic tempeh (vegan)
- Soy bean
- DUMDUMPLING frozen dumplings
- House dumpling (mixed vegetables) (vegan)
- Mixed veggie curry dumpling (five pungent spices)
- Bok choy and mushroom dumpling (vegan)
- Coriander dumpling (vegan) SYP ONLY
- Golden tofu skin roll with mushroom (vegan)
- Kimchi & tofu dumpling (vegan) SK ONLY
- BLENDIT frozen bagels
- Cinnamon and Raisin
- Croissant (vegetarian)
- Cinnamon swirl (vegetarian)
- Big pizza twist (vegetarian) SYP ONLY
- Cocoa and hazelnut croissant (vegetarian) SYP ONLY
- So moelleux plain (soft bread roll) (vegetarian) SYP ONLY
- Spinach and feta lattice (vegetarian) SYP ONLY
- Mini chocolate twist (vegetarian) SK ONLY
- Mini baguette (vegetarian) SK ONLY
- Plain ciabatta bread with olive oil (vegetarian) SK ONLY
- TAI TAI PIE PIEs
- Impossible meat aussie mince pie (vegan)
- Wholly heavens chocolate sin pecan pie (vegetarian)
- Omnipork curry pie (vegan) SYP ONLY
- Sweet blueberry hill crumble pie (vegetarian) SYP ONLY
- Perfect 10 vegetable curry pie (vegetarian) SK ONLY
- Apple crumble pie (vegetarian) SK ONLY
- Omnipork sausage roll (vegan) OUT OF STOCK
- All american apple pie (vegetarian) OUT OF STOCK
- Pumpkin and spice pie (vegetarian) OUT OF STOCK
- HAPPY COW Vegan Ice Cream (coconut base)
- HARMONY Vegan Gelato (almond or cashew base)
- GARDEN HILL
- Artisan butter
- Aged sharp cheese
- FOODCRAFT sourdough starter
- Frozen berries BACK IN STOCK
Cooking instructions for our frozen selection
ALPHA CHICK'N NUGGETS
Preheat oven to 210ºC. Spread desired amount of frozen nuggets on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 13-15 minutes until lightly browned and crispy, turning over halfway through. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Place desired amount of frozen nuggets on a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for approximately 1:10–1:40 minutes. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Microwaves and ovens vary. Cook to an internal temperature of 74°C.
Defrost nuggets for 15-30 mins. Heat up oil in frying pan and fry for few mins per side or until golden brown and crispy.
BEYOND BEEF CRUMBLES
Cook from frozen. Do not microwave.
Heat oil in a pan, add vegetables first if cooking along with crumbles. Cook frozen crumbles and heat while stirring for 3 mins.
GARDEIN MEATLESS MEATBALLS
Cook until internal temp is 74ºC (minimum).
Place frozen meatless meatballs into lightly simmering sauce in last 15-20 minutes of cooking. Simmer until hot throughout.
Heat 1-2 Tbsp of vegetable oil in non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook frozen meatless meatballs, covered, for 15-17 mins until browned, turning often. Do not overcrowd the pan.
From Chilled - In a microwave safe bowl, cover 3 frozen meatless meatballs with your favorite sauce and cover with a lid. On medium (50%) power level, cook for 8 minutes (stirring halfway through) until meatless meatballs are hot throughout.
From Chilled - Preheat to 230ºC. Bake frozen meatless meatballs on non-stick baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until browned and hot throughout. Add to your favourite sauce. Let rest for 1 minute before serving.
Cook from frozen
Pan-fry each side of the patty over medium heat in oil for 4 minutes
Bake the patty in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15 minutes. Cook until internal temperature reaches minimum of 74 °C
How to store tempeh:
- Refrigerator (0-4ºC): 5 days
- Freezer (below -12ºC): 3 months
How to defrost tempeh:
- Overnight in refrigerator OR
- Steam for 5-10 min
- Once defrosted, consume within 1 hour at room temp.
- Tempeh is super versatile and it absorbs flavours well.
- Slice, dice, or mince tempeh and use in a variety of ways.
- Check out the Tempehola recipe page
- Or our tandoori tempeh recipe
Briefly rinse frozen dumplings with room temperature water (to prevent skin bursting)
- Place into simmering water and bring the water to a boil
- Once the dumplings float, cook for an additional 2-3 mins. Drain and serve!
- Steam from frozen with a lid covered for 8-9 mins
- Gently heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan, place the frozen dumplings into then pan
- Fry them at low-medium heat for 1-2 mins until the bases are golden
- Add a few tbsp of water, then cover and cook for 5-7 mins
- Remove the lid and change to low heat until all the water evaporates, serve.
'BLENDIT' FROZEN BAGELS
Defrost until soft, overnight in the fridge is best. Cut and toast until golden brown.
Defrost until soft, overnight in the fridge is best. Reheat for 6-8 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC (160 if fan assisted). Some people have some luck without defrosting the bagel first, but this tends to make a harder bagel.
Defrost until soft, overnight in the fridge is best. Sprinkle the bagel with water and microwave it for 30 seconds.
Electric hot plate
Defrost until soft, overnight in the fridge is best. Cut it half, place in frying pan, cover to retain heat & moisture and cook on a low/medium heat until warm all the way through.
- Pre-heat oven to 170ºC
- Defrost for 20-30 mins at room temperature
- Bake at 170°C for 16 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC
- Defrost for 30 mins at room temperature
- Bake at 180°C for 18-20 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 170ºC
- Defrost for 25 mins at room temperature
- Bake at 170°C for 18-20 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 170-180ºC
- Defrost for 45 mins at room temperature
- Bake at 170-180°C for 18-20 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 170ºC
- Defrost for 35-40 mins at room temperature
- Bake at 170ºC for 16-17 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 220-230ºC
- Defrost 0-10 mins at room temperature
- Bake at 220-230ºC for 4-5 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 180-200ºC
- Defrost 30 mins at room temperature
- Bake at 180-230ºC for 3-5 mins
TAI TAI PIE PIES
Sweet pies (except Apple pie ref. below):
e.g. Blueberry, Pecan pie
- Pre-heat oven to 165ºC
- Defrosted: place the defrosted pie in the oven for 10 mins
- From frozen: heat for 10-20 mins
- Heat defrosted pie for 15 mins
- Pre-heat to 160ºC and heat for 10 mins
Savoury pies, Sausage roll and Apple pie:
e.g. Vegetable curry, Vegan/Vegetarian meat pie
- Defrosted: Pre-heat oven to 185ºC, place the defrosted pie in the oven or 20-25 mins
- From frozen: Pre-heat oven to 165ºC, heat for 30 mins. Then 185ºC for 20-25 mins
- Heat defrosted pie for a full cycle
- Pre-heat to 180ºC and heat for 10 mins