Tandoori Tempeh 印度烤雞味天貝
Vegan tandoori tempeh, super fragrant and perfect for a summer BBQ or served along with rice! Recipe by Lauren Glucina, adapted to simplify.
(All ingredients are available at our stores, apart from lemon)
1 block tempeh (200-250g) (Tempehola soybean or chickpea tempeh available at Live Zero)
2 tbsp olive oil
120g coconut yoghurt (Raglan coconut yoghurt available at our stores)
- Mix together all the tempeh marinade ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Thinly slice tempeh into strips and let it marinate for minimum 30 mins-1 hour, but up to 2 days in the fridge covered.
- Remove from marinade and transfer to a baking tray. Cover with foil, bake at 180ºC for 15 mins and a further 10 mins without foil.
- Drizzle with a little lemon juice and serve! Wonderful with a simple salad and coriander brown rice for a refreshing meal.
For tempeh skewers:
- Steam tempeh block for 5 mins, slice into 2cm thick batons and thread with pre-soaked skewers.
- Let the sliced tempeh marinate for minimum 30 mins-1 hour, but up to 1 day in the fridge covered.
- Grill each side on a grill pan on the stove with some olive oil, or on a barbecue grill.
- Serve as above.
Switch it up by first steaming the tempeh block for 5 mins then following the instructions above with batons instead of slices. This makes them perfect to pop on the grill for those char marks!