Bentonite Clay (Food Grade) / 膨潤土
This product is currently sold out.
Minimum order of 100 grams
(price is per gram)
Bentonite Clay is composed of aged volcanic ash. It is unique in that it has the ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. When mixed with water, its electrical components change, allowing it to absorb toxins. Bentonite is thus often used to detoxify toxins, heavy metals, chemicals and other impurities from the skin and body.
This Food Grade Bentonite Clay is a Sodium Bentonite, sourced from a natural deposit in Australia, compliant to Food Standards Australia and NZ.
- Very oily skin
- Detox activity
- Can use on problem skin - bacterial or fungal
In a bowl, mix 1-2 tbsp clay with floral water or toner. Make a paste to suit your preferred consistency.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of yoghurt or honey for added moisturising benefit if you have drier skin.
- For face: Leave mask on for up to 15 mins or until the mask begins to firm, don’t let it fully harden or it will dry out the skin. Wash off thoroughly and follow up with toner and facial oil/moisturiser.
- For body: Mix a larger quantity and repeat as above.
- Any clay left over after mixing, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Add more liquid if hardened.
- Best not to use metal bowl and utensils.
For bentonite clay ingestion, please refer to physician advice.