Harissa Polenta with Sautéed Vegetables 哈里薩玉米粥配炒蔬菜
March 31 2021·
March 31 2021·
Vegan and gluten free friendly, an aromatic side dish great for a holiday feast! Recipe by Dr Rupy Aujla, but slightly altered to adapt to a zero waste meal!
- 150g quick-cook Corn Grits Polenta (Organic) / 有機玉米粥
- 825ml hot Vegetable Soup Base - Gluten Free / 無麩質蔬菜湯底粉
- 2 tsp Harissa Spices / 哈里薩香料 paste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 carrots
- 25g Roasted Hazelnuts / 烤榛子
- 100g kale
- 75g cooked chestnuts
- Sea Salt - Fine / 海鹽 and Black Peppercorn (Organic, Ground) / 有機黑胡椒粉
- 10g gluten free vegetable soup base : 825ml hot water
- Harissa Spices / 哈里薩香料醬
- chop carrots into 1cm chunks
- roughly chop hazelnuts & chestnuts
- Put the polenta in a saucepan over a medium heat and toast for 3–4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the stock and harissa paste, then cook for 8–10 minutes, until thick and creamy. Stir regularly, especially towards the end of the cooking time, adding a little extra water if needed.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the 1cm chunks of carrots and cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly. Sprinkle over the roughly chopped hazelnuts and cook for 1 minute. Add the kale, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5–6 minutes, stirring regularly, until the carrots are lightly browned and the kale has softened. Stir in the roughly broken chestnuts and cook for 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Spoon the polenta into warmed bowls and top with the sautéed vegetables. Drizzle with a little oil, season with pepper and serve.