Organic Natural Olive Oil Soap Bar & Soap Flakes (Castile) - Comme Avant
This variant is currently sold out
Soap Flakes Minimum order is 200 grams (price is per gram)
Castile liquid soap is not available for online order - Please come to bulk beauty for purchase.
Handmade, vegan, and cruelty-free
- Handmade by Comme Avant; Made in Marseille
- COSMOS Organic certified
- Made by cold saponification
- 7% superfatted
- Fatty substance composed of 100% organic olive oil
- Gentle cleaning
- Moisturises and nourishes
- Respects the skin's balance - pH of 10
- Provides a sensation of comfort
- Suitable for the whole family: babies, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Tested under dermatological control
- Universal: body, laundry, dishwash, household
- Free of colouring, synthetic products, fragrances
- Vegan cosmetic
- Not tested on animals - in accordance with European laws
- Bar soap is perfect for travelling, authorised for hand luggage & is economical (1 month approx. 100g)
- INCI: Sodium Olivate, Aqua, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Glycerin
How to DIY1) DIY hand and body liquid soap: Heat 250ml of water (to simmer) and turn the heat down before adding 50g of our grated soap (or flakes). Stir and then wait until the mix has cooled down before pouring it in a sterilised container of your choice. As for the consistency you wish to have, you can simply adjust the amount of water used.
2) DIY laundry detergent: Heat 1L of water (to simmer) and turn the heat down before adding 30g of our grated soap (or flakes). Let the flakes melt and stir once in a while. Once the mix has cooled down, add 1 tbsp of sodium bicarbonate. You can add fragrances if you fancy a particular smell. Take a sterilised empty laundry liquid bottle (or any other bottle) and pour in the mix. Leave it to rest overnight. And that’s it! Just use the same amount as you did with your usual laundry detergent. Don’t forget to shake your mix before every wash. If your water is hard, you can add white vinegar as softener. We also recommend cleaning your machine about once a month by launching an empty wash cycle with 2 tbsp of soda crystals. If you have stained your clothes, you can rub the soap with a bit of cold water directly onto the stain before putting your clothes in the washing machine. This will easily replace an industrial stain remover.
4) DIY washing-up liquid: Heat 1L of water (to simmer) and turn the heat down before adding 20g of our grated soap (or flakes). Let the flakes melt and stir once in a while. Once the mix has cooled down, add 1 tbsp of sodium bicarbonate and 2tbsp of soda crystals. Take a sterilised empty washing-up bottle and pour in your mix.
Can the soap’s glycerin clog my pipework?
To avoid your washing machine/dishwasher pipes getting clogged because of the glycerin in our organic olive oil soap, we recommend about once a month cleaning your machine by launching an empty cycle with soda crystals set to a high temperature (+60°C). You can also pour soda crystals down your bath or shower drain if you think it’s getting clogged.
Can your soap be used to clean reusable nappies, period underwear, or reusable sanitary towels?
Using a homemade laundry detergent (with or without glycerin) can indeed in the long run clog these products, making them less absorbing. The presence of glycerin in laundry detergents is often proscribed but this is usually when glycerin has been added to soap and/or present in huge quantities, which isn’t the case with our soap. In any case, we recommend declogging your nappies, period underwear and sanitary towels regularly, which you can do at the same time as your washing machine. This allows you to clean them thoroughly and to avoid all absorption problems. To do so, we recommend launching a high temperature wash with 1-2 tbsp of soda crystals. This way, it allows you to use our soap to make your laundry liquid as well as washing your nappies or your menstrual underwear with it, if you regularly degrease your machine.