Eco-Friendly iPhone SE/6/6s/7/8/X/XS/XS Max
This variant is currently sold out
Beautifully designed and eco-friendly, Pela cases are the world’s first truly sustainable phone case. They are durable enough to protect your phone from drops and scratches and are also 100% compostable! As part of our mission to create a waste free future, Pela is a proud member of 1% for the Planet so we can support organizations who are working hard to better the planet.
- Meticulously designed to protect your phone from drops and scratches as well as any traditional plastic case
- Flax shive, an annually renewable agricultural byproduct provides strength, natural shock absorbing qualities and a unique look to each case
- Precision cuts around speakers, charger, volume and power buttons
- Carefully designed wrap around edges to protect the front of your phone
- Smooth to the touch, flexible with no extra bulk
- Innovative plant-based material, formulated to only break down 100% in a composting environment #zerowaste
- Shipped in plastic free packaging
- As proud members of 1% for the Planet, a portion of our annual sales goes towards clean water and clean ocean initiatives
- Made in Canada, sold globally in USD
Our cases are designed to fit multiple generations:
- One case iPhone 6 / 6S / 7 and iPhone 8
- One case iPhone 6+ / 6S+ / 7+ and iPhone 8 Plus
What makes Pela so eco-friendly?
While people measure eco-friendliness in many ways and by different standards, we measure it by the way we minimize harm to the environment in comparison to traditional plastic cases. We are hyper aware of the greenwashing happening—using eco-friendliness as a marketing tool to sell more products— and are actively trying to avoid being lumped into that category. For us, that doesn’t mean we claim to be perfect, but we strive to be better and better with every business decision we make.
- Flaxstic uses renewable feedstock (starch, natural fibres) as a substitute for petroleum-based feedstock and reduce the amount of greenhouse gas emissions associated with plastic production
- Our compostable material helps to reduce landfill waste, breaking down completely without leaving behind any toxic residue
- Solid waste landfills are one of the largest man-made sources of methane gas (CH4) in the US. Methane is known to trap heat and is a powerful greenhouse gas that is linked to climate change and global warming
- Flax shive is an annually renewable byproduct of the flax oilseed harvest in Canada and is typically burned down at the end of each season. Using this “waste” byproduct gives our cases added strength and natural shock absorption and provides local farmers with another source of revenue
- What good is a plant-based material if it’s not beautiful and functional? We agree! A phone case that does not protect your phone or breaks down easily is just another piece of junk, regardless of its properties. That’s why we always iterate our products to ensure that Pela Case is designed to serve you for as long as you need it